5.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Difficulty in ranking in the local pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been strategically working on the Local Pack Search Rankings of a restaurant for almost 4 months now without much apparent improvement in ranking. 

Google my business listing is verified and as complete as it can be
Website has been search engine optimized, speed optimized, content optimized (we rank well in organic rankings)
Schema markup applied
We have almost 30 reviews more than our competitor 4.1 stars which is higher than that of some of the other business have
We have actively building citations, cleaning duplicates and tidying NAP information
Google virtual tour is in place
We have an account on brightlocal, moz local and on both platforms our metrics are better than the competition
Cant see any issues in the search console either
Still we are almost invisible when we are searched on in our area for the keywords and area that match our business categories and that we have been using consistently both on our website, social media profiles and directory descriptions

In spite of all this Google displays other businesses that dont match us in any of the metrics or optimization levels that we have done to our business. It really feels like Google is ignoring all the improvements we have been putting in for over 3 months now.

Any ideas, hidden secrets Im not aware of? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Business name: Ayam Zaman
Business address: 258Uxbridge Road, Shepherd's Bush, London, W12 7JA
Telephone number: 020 8740 6816
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ayam+Zaman/@51.5061219,-0.2292406,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x2afd...
Keywords to rank for: syrian restaurant shepherd's bush, syrian restaurant london, syrian restaurants

1 Expert replyverified_user

Difficulty in ranking in the local pack

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the lack of reply to your help inquiry. The Google My Business community has recently implemented several improvements that we hope will allow the proper care of help tickets here.

If you still have an issue that needs attention, please take a moment to review our Go-To Guides. These are carefully created to cover most issues someone may face and they provide unique solutions that are easy to implement.

If you have already found a solution, can you provide an update on how you solved your issue? If you are still in need, please do let us know.

Thank you for using Google My Business (GMB) to strengthen your online presence.

Kind Regards,

James