AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Customer uploaded photos show up in Google Maps listings instead of what the owner uploaded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seems I take care of this issue every so often only to have it occur again.  This time it doesn't look like I'm able to fix it.  Why do customer uploaded images override what the owner has uploaded as the business' preview images?  Looking at my listing in the iPhone app of google maps, the thumbnail image that shows up when my business is listed among other businesses, as well as the 5 swipeable preview images that show up when you view my listing, used to be attractive images that I uploaded to represent my business.  They have been replaced by customer uploaded images that are blurry, dark, and in some cases hardly representative of the business at all.  Why does this happen?  I've had to reassert my own images' precedence several times in the past when this happened, and it was tricky to figure out then.  Now it seems I can't do it at all.  Why would images uploaded by customers become the preview images for an establishment instead of the images that the owner himself chose to represent his business. Goodness me.  

Business Name:  Video Game Bar Space Station

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Video+Game+Bar+Space+Station/@34.6725747,135.4950589,17z/data=!4...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customer uploaded photos show up in Google Maps listings instead of what the owner uploaded

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt B

Yep, Google loves to use customer images and randomizes images. Its just the way it is, they seem to think it benefits the user.

Report the image:

Video Game Bar Space Station   Google Maps.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership