AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL for Page

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This question was originally posted on the former Help Forum but has been modified for clarity and answered by Community User Tim Capper.

I have created one month ago a Google+ Business Page Brand and also associated to my Youtube account. I associated a website: zie-skaidrix.esy.es and have 10 followers.

I meet the conditions for a Custom URL for the page, but I did not notice an email. 

How do I get a Custom URL for my business?

Answer: The one thing that I can see, is that you don't use the account. You have 1 post from yesterday. Try and use the account a bit more regularly.

Google does not send an email. When Google feels that your account is in good standing order, you will see a big blue banner offering you a custom url in the brand page account. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Custom URL for Page

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I have a similar problem. I am in the process of starting a new business with a new web site etc etc. I would like to put a link on my web site to my google page, am I right in understanding that I cant do this until I have used the google service for awhile?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Steve G

Not sure I read or understood our post correctly.

But you can link your GoogleMyBusiness page as soon it is verified.

Even in case you don't have already a custom URL you can use and link the G+ page URL as to extract from your dasgaboard.

In case you later will get offered and have accepted any  custom URL the origininal URL based on a digital identifier still works. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello
actually I need to custom the URL to make it more friendly for business card and Letter head and so on, so could you please help me how I can do that?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Fauad N

Have you read the previous posts and checked out this help doc - https://support.google.com/business/answer/6068603?hl=en
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan, hope you can help with this - I know it's not cool to change your custom url, but my business's name has changed and people are getting all kinds of confused between the old and new spelling. Old spelling is Upiknik, new spelling is Upicnic.
Help please!
I'll send you cookies, I promise.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Marta A Please start a new thread with you issue and ping me.

P.S. - What type of cookies are we talking about?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Custom URL for Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business page was in a good standing with regular posts and updates I had also claimed custom URL for the same but it was disabled and I had to create one again but I wonder how to reclaim the same custom URL to the new page created by me with the same address and name and email I'd.