AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL Is Available But G+ Still wants numbers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey All,

I've been setting up my G+ and Youtube account to link to my website/business etc.

Google just notified me saying I am eligible for a Custom URL - /+TheAdamTaylor as I am the owner of www.TheAdamTaylor.com, however Google+ wants me to add some numbers to the end of my custom URL.

I have no idea why, as TheAdamTaylor is available and is not being used by anyone, ive checked on Google+ and I used NameCHK as well.

So if it is free, and I'm a verified user/owner why do I need to add unprofessional numbers?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom URL Is Available But G+ Still wants numbers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
@Adam
It's their general doing and request to all users.
And the fact /+TheAdamTaylor isn't yet assigned to any other G+ page doesn't prevent you from being requested to add characters.

We used to be recommend not to accept their actual offer for a vanity URL and send them a feedback about your concern.

There are reports of other users getting after a while the custom URL they wont offered by Google finally