Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Current business address is on a private road

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

our business is located on a private road, so google maps would bring you half way in even though the whole private road is mapped,

any way to make google maps show complete directions to our gate?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Erick d

Does your address show up on GPS devices? Is it a new road? Do you have a claimed Google My Business listing? If so, could you provide it here?

Thanks.

Sherry

Re: Current business address is on a private road

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sherry

https://www.google.com/maps/place/USA+Heavy+Equipment+and+Parts/@25.8200147,-80.324704,18z/data=!4m5...

that link will show our business listing,
however the place mark is not correct
next to the place mark you will see a thin line which is the service road I
mentioned
we are at the very end

the road has been there for about 20 years
correct gps coordinates to our gate below
we tried the *suggest an edit option*, but no results

thanks!

Florida
25.819452, -80.323121

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Erick D

Which is the building with the address 5075 NW 79th Ave?

The service road leads to several buildings, do each of those businesses have their own street address, or do they share the same address?

The coordinates you provided are in the middle of the service road.

Please, find and provide the coordinates for a point on top of the building.

Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @treebles

The address 5075 nw 79th ave, 33166 corresponds to that of our building.  Gps coordinates for a point on top of our building are 

25.819658,-80.322634

Even though there are several businesses in that service road, there are three addresses for the whole compound, ours (5075) is the only folio that is unique to one building.  The other two are shared for the rest of the warehouses.

What do you think?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Erick D,

The marker location for the address

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5075+NW+79th+Ave,+Doral,+FL+33166/@25.819345,-80.3253643,18z/data=...

and the business listing

https://www.google.com/maps/place/USA+Heavy+Equipment+and+Parts/@25.8197197,-80.3254068,17.75z/data=...

are located on the wrong spot, on NW 79th Avenue.

Those marker's locations need to be corrected before we can start addressing the issue with the driving directions.

You can quickly correct the location for the business listing by dragging the marker to the correct location on top of the building from your Google My Business dashboard.

To correct the marker location for the address, please visit this URL

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5075+NW+79th+Ave,+Doral,+FL+33166/@25.819345,-80.3253643,18z/data=...

Click the Send feedback link, at the bottom right corner of the map.

Select the Suggest an edit to 5075 NW 79th Ave option and drag the marker to the correct location on top of the building, this edit could be approved automatically or sent for human review.

The correction of the location markers could force the automatic re-calculation of the access points for both the business listing and the street address. There is a chance that the access point for directions might be placed on Palmetto Expressway. if that happens, I will have to escalate it to Google employees for a manual fix.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi @treebles

wow.  awesome

I did the correction, the system said I will be notified whenever the system is updated

if there is any automatic re-calculation errors at that point, I'll send a new post this way if you think this is a good way to go

thanks again, your help is certainly most appreciated

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Erick D,

Did you correct also the marker for the business listing on your My Business dashboard?

The marker for the  business listing should not be corrected through Google Maps, rather through the GMB dashboard since it is a verified business listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@treebles

done, I just fixed it

now with the new place mark, google maps draws the directions through the warehouse next door, which doesn't really work

lets hope the service road gets enabled to drive on in google maps, that should take care of it

thanks a lot

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Erick D,

The issue with the new driving directions for the business listing will require an escalation to Google employees so they can fix it manually.

What happened with the edit of the street address on Maps?

Was it approved automatically or is pending review?

Thank you

Experts in the Topic
treebles