2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Cover Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know how to update the cover photo?

Here is the current cover photo (which seems to be automatically pulled from the web) - http://images.vonigo.com/c1RkWm/1gRFkaOF

Here is the cover photo we've selected on our profile - http://images.vonigo.com/jF2ydf/4ZnHz4vd

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John C
June

Cover Photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,

Google may override the business owner selection of the Cover photro, typically the process is automated and the alternative cover photo selected by Google may not be the most appropriate like in this case.

Something to keep in mind is the quality of the image. Your selection for cover photo is a low quality image, only 1000 x 556 pixels with noticeable jpeg compression artifacts.

Upload a higher quality picture to see if your new selection can replace the one selected by Google from your web site.

Try to crop it to make it more square, instead of rectangular. Avoid the tail light trails.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John C
June

Cover Photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,

Google may override the business owner selection of the Cover photro, typically the process is automated and the alternative cover photo selected by Google may not be the most appropriate like in this case.

Something to keep in mind is the quality of the image. Your selection for cover photo is a low quality image, only 1000 x 556 pixels with noticeable jpeg compression artifacts.

Upload a higher quality picture to see if your new selection can replace the one selected by Google from your web site.

Try to crop it to make it more square, instead of rectangular. Avoid the tail light trails.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor