AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Content and campaign timelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it a good idea to launch an AdWord campaign around content that has been live on the internet for almost a month?

Can you please provide a few examples of either yes or no responses. 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan B
March

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jordan,

You are very welcome. 

No, I do not think that will be an issue. If your budget is tight you will want to run your campaigns with exact match keywords and refine the campaign with negative keywords to remove matches that would waste your money. You have to set everything up 'tighter' and watch things closer. You should expect to waste a little money for the first 30 days to dial everything in but then you should be set well after that. 

If the website is being worked on, make sure that each product or service has its own webpage so that your ads can be sharply targeted. Keep the focus on each website isolated to that specific product or service. Make sure the pages are mobile-responsive and fast-loading. Make the website super clean and easy to navigate, too.

Do not create the AdWords' campaigns until the website is finished. Be sure to create the website so that it is geared towards AdWords success! 

Once you get the site online and close to be ready for AdWords, reach out to me and I will be happy to give some advice more specific, if needed. We want you to be successful with your business... as that is why we are here. :)

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jordan,

The age is the information has no concern for the AdWords campaign. As long as it is your content, your website, and the campaign, ad groups, ads, keywords, etc., are all relevant... the ads will perform. 

Please review this information regarding the landing page experience, which is what content falls under. You will also want to apply the Google Best Practices for AdWords to make sure your account is properly set for the best performance. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thank you for the response. I guess I am just more so worried about market saturation because we don't have a fairly large budget and unfortunately at the moment we are re-working our website. I am just more so concerned that we won't place even in the top ten pages with both of those things working against us. Do you think that would be an issue on performance? 

Thank you for your help in advance, as you can tell, I am relatively new to keywords, my background is more so in display and rich media. 

Thanks again,

Jordan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan B
March

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jordan,

You are very welcome. 

No, I do not think that will be an issue. If your budget is tight you will want to run your campaigns with exact match keywords and refine the campaign with negative keywords to remove matches that would waste your money. You have to set everything up 'tighter' and watch things closer. You should expect to waste a little money for the first 30 days to dial everything in but then you should be set well after that. 

If the website is being worked on, make sure that each product or service has its own webpage so that your ads can be sharply targeted. Keep the focus on each website isolated to that specific product or service. Make sure the pages are mobile-responsive and fast-loading. Make the website super clean and easy to navigate, too.

Do not create the AdWords' campaigns until the website is finished. Be sure to create the website so that it is geared towards AdWords success! 

Once you get the site online and close to be ready for AdWords, reach out to me and I will be happy to give some advice more specific, if needed. We want you to be successful with your business... as that is why we are here. :)

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning James,

Thank you again, yeah its the part at the end. So basically, they want us to create a campaign before the site is redesigned to hit the ground running, but I think that won't necessarily be effective in measuring ROI.

I would love to get more advice since I am relatively new at this. I am trying to figure out additional keywords tools for keywords research, any suggestions? We're trying to decide between BuzzSumo, SEMRush, Moz Pro, SpyFu, and Ahrefs in addition to Google's keyword tool.

Thanks again,

Jordan