My Business
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Connecting Social Media Pages to appear in Google Search Results?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
 We have followed all of the steps on this webpage https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/social-profile-links#guidelines --Below is what we want for our company search results page.

We've added the structured data markup script code to our home site. We've also requested that our URL be fetched and rendered along with the attached links. We've tested the script code with the testing tool and it came out positive. But it's been 3 months and we still don't see our social profiles displayed. What more can we do?We have waited entirely too long for this. How can we connect our Social Media Pages so they appear on the Google Search Results page?
1. Full business name  - Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI)
2. Current business address - 7927 Jones Branch Drive, Suite #600W, McLean, VA. 22102
3. Current telephone number  - 703-749-3040
4. Google+ URL - https://plus.google.com/+StrategicResourcesIncMcLean

5 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Helmut Geissler (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Connecting Social Media Pages to appear in Google Search Results?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Rammy,

You are correct that these now show up on local businesses. Your screenshot, however, is not a local business (what Priya is referring to). I can confirm I've seen the same thing which is that the markup in the help doc isn't necessarily what gets you the profile icons.

According to http://www.thesempost.com/google-adds-social-media-icons-links-local-knowledge-panel/ it says "Google seems to be pulling the social media profile info either via citations or the links or open graph markup on the homepage of the business."

I haven't done any testing on this yet to see what actually triggers them. @Tim Capper do you have any insight on what is triggering them for local businesses?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Strategic R

The screenshot you've provided shows a Knowledge Graph (drawn from a number of sources, including on-site schema) and it is mainly shown for big brands like Google, Nike, Coke etc.

As a local business you are more likely to have the Knowledge Panel shown which depicts contact details, opening hours etc. It is extremely difficult to have your social icons displayed on that panel, and in fact I don't think I've ever seen one where the icons were displayed.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is not true at all because I have multiple small businesses and some of them have the Facebook connected others have the Instagram connected.

I personally didn't do anything to get this linked to the google search of the business. It just happened one day and these are small family owned businesses.

We manage about 300 accounts and I can say most of them have at least one profile connected and it looks weird because the other ones are missing.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Helmut Geissler (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Rammy,

You are correct that these now show up on local businesses. Your screenshot, however, is not a local business (what Priya is referring to). I can confirm I've seen the same thing which is that the markup in the help doc isn't necessarily what gets you the profile icons.

According to http://www.thesempost.com/google-adds-social-media-icons-links-local-knowledge-panel/ it says "Google seems to be pulling the social media profile info either via citations or the links or open graph markup on the homepage of the business."

I haven't done any testing on this yet to see what actually triggers them. @Tim Capper do you have any insight on what is triggering them for local businesses?

Owner of Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@PriyaC

I will  answering on the try of the user "Rammy B"  to blame you  giving false information  on his other thread

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi All

Yes the social channels are appearing in Business page KP ..... BUT it is very inconsistent at the moment.

You don't have to have the stuctured data on site from what I have seen, but it would be best if you did.

1.) Social channels need to be on website.

2.) Social channels Names must all be the same / consistant

3.) They need to be relatively active.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thank you @Helmut Geissler and @JoyHawkins as well.

One thing about Google - Change is a constant, and what was true in June may not be true in August :)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
well said Priya

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Thought I'd update this thread since I checked with a few others and wanted to make sure anyone in the future viewing this thread could see the solution.

I had several people tell me they implemented the stuff here (especially the SameAs part) and it worked but not instantly - took a few weeks.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/social-profile-links#guidelines

So I would just be patient and double-check that everything is implemented correctly.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay so I'm looking for a clear answer. Where am I going wrong and what do I need to do? I'm close. See attached and link for an article I came across that shows the html code . 

https://9clouds.com/2015/02/17/4-steps-add-social-media-links-google-results/

Spanish Tutor Tampa

5004 E Fowler Ave C 148 Tampa, FL 33617

305 934 2671

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/109069549494799322610/109069549494799322610/posts

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 2.07.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 11.06.21 PM.png