Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Conflicting map marker

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

So, 2 days ago, we moved a business from Redondo Beach to Manhattan Beach (and added Dr. in name too). New marker, direction, and info seems OK in business dashboard, but there is this glitch when I search using Maps.

Old street and city (Redondo Beach) still showing in suggestion after I write the business name in search box in Maps, and if clicked, it show old marker location.

If I search by typing business name and Manhattan Beach (new location), it take to the correct location.

Do I need to wait couple of days to see the changes?

https://plus.google.com/118306977477615969165/about

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

charlie 1.jpg

charlie 2.jpg

charlie 3.jpg

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jan O
March 2016

Re: Conflicting map marker

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Jan,

I am seeing the Redondo Beach in Maps but when I click on the listing it shows your proper address and the marker looks correct as well. Did it update after you posted this?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Even if searching for "Charlie Harper near Redondo Beach" I get just the new
"Dr. Charlie Harper, D.C.1800 N Sepulveda Blvd #202 Manhattan Beach, CA 90266"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jan,

Is this the old address: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Charlie+Harper,+D.C./@33.8769495,-118.3984073,17z/data=!3m1!4b1... ?

If so, you need to mark the business as closed at this address and moved. Joy Hawkins has written about how to do this using Google's twitter support: http://searchengineland.com/google-fixing-permanently-closed-problem-242364 I recommend checking out that article to see how to get that done.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks all for replying!

Strange thing is I'm still seeing the old marker when I clicked the Redondo Beach address, but when I searched on mobile and clicked Redondo one, it shows the correct marker.

Also, for the Redondo address in suggestion result, is it permanent? or maybe it will be replaced with Manhattan Beach later on?

@PriyaC that is also another old business address, I have requested it as closed, I guess I will mark it as moved then.

Thank you