My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Competitor using a storage facility for Google My Business and fake reviews, what to do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are working hard to do everything by the book according to Google, we just do not understand how a local competitor that is using a storage facility address can show up in the snack pack as #1 across every possible local keyword in our market.

We can't be certain about their reviews, but they seem to come in on a schedule right around the time that company is not showing up as #1 - It's very frustrating trying to do the right thing and not seeing the results.

We spent months fighting off a negative seo campaign and had to disavow thousands of links, this is very exhausting.

Just looking for some insight on how we can achieve better results amongst our shady competition.

Here's a link to our Google My Business profile:

https://plus.google.com/b/103657033541696069067/+Americanaircares/posts

Our business address is:

545 NW Mercantile Pl #117, Port St Lucie, FL 34986

Our phone number is:

772-398-0023

Thank you,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Competitor using a storage facility for Google My Business and fake reviews, what to do?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John

Could you provide with more details about the offending listing/s please? You can use this form if there is info you don't want put on the net at large - it's a form that sends only to me.
https://docs.google.com/a/mcmsa.com.au/forms/d/1lssLQbNXjpl0CeIAtL9SaVeAx-aE6VZE_Mka052NrNQ/viewform

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Competitor using a storage facility for Google My Business and fake reviews, what to do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret,

Thank you so much for taking a look and for providing the contact form. As much as I'd like to blast this guy, I genuinely do not want to harm his business, especially if I'm wrong in my assumptions. I'm submitting the info now.

Thanks again,
John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks John

The address issue can be corrected relatively easily. Just go to the business listing, suggest an edit, and put in the correct address. I'm getting clarification on how to change the listing from a shopfront to a service area business, as I doubt he wants his home (presumably) address on display. Before you change the address, let me get clarification on that for you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi John

This has been escalated inside Google, and the spam team are investigating. They'll will take appropriate action on this account after reviewing at all the information.

So there's nothing further needed for you to do -

Thank you for raising this!

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi John

Quick update for you - this was escalated and dealt with internally. I am pleased to say appropriate action has been taken after a thorough investigation.

Thank you again -

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret,

Thank you so much for your help, very much appreciated!!

John