Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business Name: Silver Hill Funding

Address: 4425 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL 33146

Telephone Number: (888) 988-8843

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/+silverhillfunding-SHF

Hi all,

The Google+ Page for my company is still new but I'm surprised that it hasn't been appearing on Google SERPs even though it has been live for a few months now. If I'm not logged into my Google account when I look up my company, it doesn't appear on any of the SERPs. When I look up the company while logged in to my account, only the link to the profile appears in the upper right hand section of the results. Attached is a screenshot. The page also doesn't appear when looking up Silver Hill Funding Google Plus.SHF Google Results.PNG

My question is, is Google minimizing the appearance of Google+ Pages in SERPs? If they aren't, then how can I optimize my Page so that it also appears on SERPs? This will help me with managing my other Google+ Pages as well.

One last thing: We don't want to appear as a local business.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Company's Google Plus Page Doesn't Appear on SERPs

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Forgive me for stating the obvious... but why would you want it to? Google's interested (same as you I'm sure) in showing it's searchers the places that are most likely to answer their questions. The places they're most likely to want to see and engage with. Your plus page only has 7 followers, and 4 total posts. I would imagine that from a marketing perspective at least, if you want people to see your social properties, you should want them to see properties that are most likely to be on networks your audience is already engaged with. Your linkedin and twitter are all both in the top 15 results, that makes more sense to me at least. Most people aren't all that engaged with Google+... make sure you know what your actual audience does before you try and spend resources pushing this. If you've looked into it though and a ton of your audience is super active on Google+, then by all means push it... though I wouldn't count on organic traffic from Google to build it by itself, you'll probably need to get active on Google+ in other ways. 

If you DID want to push it, I imagine it's the same as anything else. There's probably some on page optimization you could do, I imagine that user activity probably contributes, and I imagine that (the right kind of) backlinks to the Google+ profile probably influence things as well. It's definitely indexed though, I saw it 4th from the top when searching for "Silver Hill Funding plus". I personally haven't heard of Google minimizing + pages in the SERPs, but... could be? 

I think you probably won't get a better answer here than that though... this help forum is specifically for GMB, not brand pages. Maybe try here instead?
https://plus.google.com/communities/115758385206378551362
Good luck finding the answer you're looking for!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mapi P
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Mapi P

Brand pages don't show in general Google searches. If you're logged in, then you may see brand pages come up in search results - as you've discovered - but otherwise they are only visible within Google+.

There isn't any SEO work you can do to make them appear unfortunately.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey James,

You bring up good points, perhaps I chose the wrong Google+ Page to use as an example. In the industry in which two of my clients are in, their SERPs will get bogged with negative reviews from consumers so I was hoping to leverage the Google+ Pages to help push some of those reviews to the second and third SERPs. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response, it was very helpful. I was still in the mindset that brand pages were still coming up in results, I remember that used to happen some time ago. Time to catch up with SEO!