AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Company Location And Google Listing Result

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil K
December

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Phil,

I can tell you from experience it's harder for a business to show up in the 3 pack for a city that's 30 minutes away from the physical location. It's not impossible, I've seen it done. However the type of businesses that make it happen have been around forever, have a lot of brand equity and do SEO very very well. 

On top of that "counseling" services is not a small niche, you have a lot of competition, especially in a city like Vancouver. Many top experts say that location to the searcher is one of, if not the, biggest factor in who show's up in the 3 pack.

I wont tell you which strategy you should choose as they each have their benefits and drawbacks. But be prepared to have a long term strategy either way.

If I helped answer your questions, please mark my answer as the best answer. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil K
December

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Phil,

I can tell you from experience it's harder for a business to show up in the 3 pack for a city that's 30 minutes away from the physical location. It's not impossible, I've seen it done. However the type of businesses that make it happen have been around forever, have a lot of brand equity and do SEO very very well. 

On top of that "counseling" services is not a small niche, you have a lot of competition, especially in a city like Vancouver. Many top experts say that location to the searcher is one of, if not the, biggest factor in who show's up in the 3 pack.

I wont tell you which strategy you should choose as they each have their benefits and drawbacks. But be prepared to have a long term strategy either way.

If I helped answer your questions, please mark my answer as the best answer. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some guidance. I appreciate it!