3.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Combine Google+ Page and Google My Business page with location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working with a client who wants to get set up with Google My Business pages for his two businesses. They are two separate businesses that run out of the same address (though receive mail at different mailboxes). We currently have a Google+ page for each of the 2 businesses and one of the businesses already has a verified Google Maps location.

To bring these pages to the current Google+ standards, we're looking to combine each Google+ page for these businesses with the respective Google My Business pages (and provide verified Google Maps locations so that users can interact with them as physical locations on Google).

I've read many tutorials about how combining Google+ and Google My Business pages works (for example: http://www.backbonemedia.com/blog/how-to-merge-your-google-local-and-business-page-sort-of/) but I've been unable to complete all the steps, we never get to the point where we see an option in the G+ page to "Connect a Different Page". It's been frustrating to say the least since we want to give users the ability to review these businesses but we also don't want to lose the G+ content we've cultivated over the last few years. At this point creating new Google+ profiles seems to be the only way forward.

I'd love if someone could help us figure out how to combine these Google+ pages into our Google My Business pages and also assist with verifying our Google Maps locations (which are at slightly similar addresses).

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Combine Google+ Page and Google My Business page with location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@David S

the blog you mentioned (http://www.backbonemedia.com/blog/how-to-merge-your-google-local-and-business-page-sort-of ) described the same procedure as this Google HC article: "Connect a page to Google Maps"

But from your thread I understand a different situation as in Google's HC article

You seem talking about two different local pages for two businesses at the same address to somehow combine them.

This is a different situation as covered by the above Google's HC article

As far as I know two local pages can't combined.

I btw would strongly recommend reading their  "Guidelines for representing your business on Google".

There are many aspects to think about in order  not getting both "business" pages considered  as spammy - (at least in case you create them as local pages).

Re: Combine Google+ Page and Google My Business page with location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh to clarify, we have Business A and Business B, both have G+ pages and both have My Business pages. We want to maintain separate pages for Business A and Business B but combine the G+ and My Business pages into a single My Business page (or G+ Local page, whichever it has to be in the end).

You are correct about the Google Help articles, I'd been following their procedures but got stopped up around the final steps as described above. I've looked into Google's guidelines and as far as I can tell, the client is following them to the letter.

Re: Combine Google Page and Google My Business page with location

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
what do you mean writing "maintain separate pages for Business A and Business B"? What pages - local pages or brand pages? Each business (A & B) have to have ist own local page if users should find it and what do you refer to as "the G+ and My Business pages"? Again what G+ pages? Brand pages or local pages? Please clarify / elaborate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
By "G+ page" I mean Google brand page.

By "My Business page" I mean Google local page

Google+ has changed so many core aspects and renamed them so many times it's hard to keep up :).

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Google+ has changed so many core aspects and renamed them so many times it's hard to keep up :).

Can't & willn't contradict you in that point ;-)

Regarding your initial query "we have Business A and Business B, both have G+ pages and both have My Business pages. We want to maintain separate pages for Business A and Business B but combine the G+ and My Business pages into a single My Business page (or G+ Local page, whichever it has to be in the end)"

You can't "combine" (LOL it's again a matter of "terms") but can "connect' the brand page and its local page for each business (regardless its business A or B)

This is the HC article about connecting a business page to Maps:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are looking to "connect" these pages in that case.

According to the documentation there should be a button labeled "Connect a different page" in the settings for the Google Local page. We do not see this button appearing however, and we've changed managers of the page around in hopes of this options appearing (I read this advice somewhere), but again, no matter who is the owner or manager of the page is, we do not see this "Connect a different page" button.

How can we get this button to show itself in the page settings menu so that we may "connect" these G+ properties?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
as far as I know only the page owner (managing both pages to connect) can connect them.