AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Clients submitted reviews that are not displayed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi -- When I complete a project for a client, I encourage them to post a review on my Google listing if they were happy with the work I did. In the past couple of months, I have had several clients tell me that they posted reviews on my Google page, but they do not appear. In two cases, I asked if they would resubmit their reviews, which they did, and still, they are not appearing on my listing (which currently shows only 4 reviews that I can see). 

This is the link that my clients use to submit their reviews. 

https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJfxuhWl8gskwRQp48aJ3C67w

On August 28, a client actually sent me a screenshot to show that she was submitting the review, but it is not there from any device I use to view my listing.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you! LB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted also to add that this is not a case of the reviews being "filtered" out. I had that happen last spring, so I know that in those cases, I receive notification of the posted review, but within a short time, the review was removed. This is very specifically clients posting reviews that do not post -- I receive no notification of a new review and it does not display on my listing. 

Also, exactly like the post from Wendy P (next forum entry), the clients say that they can see the review when they go back to submit it again, but still nothing in public view. A client even sent me a screenshot to PROVE that the review was there, but it is not. 

Hope this clarification helps. Thank you! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had the same thing occur to me. In fact my client tried creating a new account in order to try posting the review again and no luck! Google please help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It’s happening the same to me right now. Did you figure it out?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nada. My client is seeing it but nothing on my end. Baffled to say the least.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ian & Barbara -- I have not received an answer from Google in response to this. It is still an issue for me (clients submit reviews, but the reviews do not display for anyone else even though the client themselves can see their review when they look). I would love to get a solution to this as it has affected many reviews. Let me know if either of you are successful in getting a fix from Google! Thanks!