AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Can you help solve my map location conundrum as a wedding photographer working from two homes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a fine art wedding photographer specializing in outdoor weddings, so I cover a broad area of Central Florida- all the way up to St. Augustine, to Tampa, etc. But I want to find local brides to work with that live near either of my two home base locations- Sanford (North Orlando) on weekends, Viera (Brevard/Space Coast on weekdays. These are two very different markets- one is more urban, the other more of a beach crowd. I have already built a client base in the North Orlando area, but I'd like to expand to my local market here in Viera where I actually live during the week, which is near Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island and in Brevard County.

My other issue is I work from home- two homes, actually, which are addresses I'm not sure I want to post publically. However, I do want to show up on local search maps, and I want to work with people who are closer to me. Currently I have my sanford address on the map, and have the box checked for "I offer services to my clients at their location", since 90% of my photo sessions take place outside my homes.

1. Business name: Shaina DeCiryan Portrait + Wedding Photography
2. Current address: Ronald Reagan Blvd, Sanford, Florida
3. nine one nine- nine zero seven - zero six eight five (tired of phone spammers)
4. https://plus.google.com/+ShainaDeCiryanPhotographer (Is this the business link? I'm not sure how to link my actual google map search result link)

Thank you for any insight you can share! I have read many articles that address service area businesses, but haven't found anything for my unique situation.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shaina D
March 2016

Re: Can you help solve my map location conundrum as a wedding photographer working from two homes?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey Shaina,

The solution would be to target organic or AdWords for the areas far away from your business address.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Re: Can you help solve my map location conundrum as a wedding photographer working from two homes?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Shaina D Thank you for all the details. However, still not 100% sure on what the exact question is. 

Are you wanting to set-up a second page at a second physical, registered business address?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply, let me try to rephrase- I am one single registered business, and I provide on location services to my clients in 2 distinct areas. My business is registered to 1 of my 2 home addresses, and I want to know if I can show up on the map in both locations.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
A service-area business can only have 1 listing for their business so you would not be able to set up 2 without breaking Google's guidelines.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok. That's interesting @JoyHawkins. I appreciate your reply. It's just ironic because I spend my time in both places, and have clients in both regions which are about an hour apart. I guess google can't keep up with us digital nomads!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shaina D
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey Shaina,

The solution would be to target organic or AdWords for the areas far away from your business address.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That makes sense. Would this be through the content posts I make on my google + page, tagging images with the names & locations that I post and having the names in my business information page? That is what I am trying to do anyways. I just figured if I could add in the actual second address somehow it would be helpful.