AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Can't see my Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently received three 5 Star reviews and no not see them or see 5 stars near my business name? 

Does the reviews take a few days to populate? 

Can't see my Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I Richie,

Reviews should show up right away.  

Can you provide your business address and link to GMB listing?  That would help people in the forum trouble-shoot your issue.

Thanks!

Can't see my Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue. Were you able to get a solution?

Can't see my Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Richie, I am experiencing a similar problem. Were you able to determine a solution? 

Not sure why reviews are being taken down??

Can't see my Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Wendell L and @Nicholas K,

Can you provide links to your GMB listings?  It's almost impossible to be able to troubleshoot an issue with profiles without looking at them.

It is also helpful to provide the business name and phone number. 

Can't see my Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Konen Insurance Inc.

630-897-4239

Not sure what a GMB listing is or how to share. Business and number is above. 

Re: Can't see my Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

No worries @Nicholas K,

If you ever need to share a link to your business listing on Google, just search for it in maps and use the 'share' menu item underneath the main listing title (where your business name is).

konen.PNGkonen-share.PNG

As for your review issue, I see you have 17 5-star reviews.  Were there specific reviews/people you are not seeing in that count that should be?

If so, the reviews COULD have been filtered or removed for violating one of Google's policies.  Some of those are stated below:

• Posting a significant amount of reviews in a short window of time.
  • Having a third party (like an SEO company) post reviews for your business.
  • Having employees or others with a conflict of interest post reviews.
  • The review came from the same machine (IP address) used to login and manage your listing.
  • The reviewer has zero activity on their Google account other than leaving that review
  • Reviews on your profile are disproportionate to other similar businesses in your industry (although I don't think that's the case here -- 17 reviews is not a lot for an insurance broker)
  • The review is a duplicate of one that appears somewhere else online (e.g. some other popular site that has reviews like Yelp or Facebook)

If any of the review activity you have going on fits into one of those scenarios, that may be why you aren't seeing reviews that people have posted.  

Hope that helps. 

Can't see my Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes there are specific reviews that have been removed. I am a part of a networking group and we all do business with each other. Realizing how important reviews are in today's age we made it a point to start reviewing each other. We advised members to only review those businesses that they have done business with in the group. This makes it frustrating that they are taken down. Is it possible to retrieve them?

Re: Can't see my Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Nicholas K,

That's a bummer man.  Technically reviews like that violate Google's policy on conflict of interest in reviews (see the last category here https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7400114)

conflict.PNG

If the reviews that were removed fit the following criteria, you could contact Google and see if they can be restored:

• The person leaving the review actually had services performed/or bought products at your business
  • The person leaving the review is not an employee of or contractor for your business

If the people who left the reviews have done business with you in the capacity of collaboration on a job, as contractors for one another, or scenarios like that, the reviews would still violate the conflict of interest policy. 

If you feel like your reviews are legitimate, you can request a call back from Google My Business support here https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?visit_id=1-636130155504652755-3632438881&rd=3

Hope that helps.