2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Can't find my business on google maps using keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have four different physical therapy clinics in the state and have claimed all of their Google Maps locations. However, in all of the locations, our website shows up first when you type in "physical therapy in ___" ... but on Google Maps, we don't show up at all. Our business has been around for 20 years and businesses who have just started are showing up first.  

I've created Google plus pages, I've added photos, updated the business hours, had people enter reviews.. and still, we aren't showing up. 

Can you make sure there isn't an issue? I don't understand how our competitors in physical therapy are showing up first when they don't even have a review, picture or Google Plus page. 

Thanks, 

Ally 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Ally, without your business name or addresses we can't fully advise you. There too many different variables in play. It could be a SEO issue, it could be quality issue or a citation issue, etc...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, the name of our company is Fremont Therapy Group.

Here are our locations. 

Lander Clinic - 8168 WY-789, Lander, WY 82520 (This clinic has been around for 15-20 years)

Riverton - 2002 W Sunset Dr # 1, Riverton, WY 82501 (This clinic has been in Riverton for 20 years)

Rawlins - 1102 W Spruce St, Rawlins, WY 82301 (This clinic has been in Rawlins for 2 years)

Green River - 330 Upland Way, Green River, WY 82935 (This clinic has been in Green River for 8 years, however, it was recently renamed from Summit Physical Therapy to Fremont Therapy Group.) 

Our website is doing well, always top few listings.. however, our Google Maps isn't showing up in the Riverton location and is very low on the list of the other clinics. 

Thanks for looking into this. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Its a citation issue. I found several listings for the first address:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/8168+WY-789,+Lander,+WY+82520/@42.8160965,-108.7123432,17z/data=!3...

Also Google isn't sure where the correct spot is for your address. Look into citation management platforms to scan for duplicate listings. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to delete those other listings? I'm not sure who added those to Google, but most of those listings are from employees who no longer work with us. 

This is the correct address. Address: 8168 WY-789, Lander, WY 82520

Now, is it a citation issue in our other locations as well? (Riverton, Rawlins and Green River?) 

Who is the best person to get these cleaned up? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't hear back from you... 

Is there a way to delete those other listings? I'm not sure who added those to Google, but most of those listings are from employees who no longer work with us. 

This is the correct address. Address: 8168 WY-789, Lander, WY 82520

Now, is it a citation issue in our other locations as well? (Riverton, Rawlins and Green River?) 

Who is the best citation management platform?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Allyson, 

if I understand correctly, you'd like to delete duplicate listings. I've had success through the google support. If you want to talk to them directly you can get support through your Google My Business account. In my issue I had to send some pictures, confirming that my original address is the right one, to google. 

Talking about good citation management platforms, I can refer you to this provider: 

http://www.yext.com/

Hope that was helpful, 

Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the advice. I have talked to Google before and they told me they couldn't remove listings that they didn't create? I'll see what I can find out. 

Thanks, 

Ally

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

You will need to either manually delete them or look into using a 3rd party vendor like Yext, Mozlocal, whitespark, etc...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you delete the listings if you didn't create them?