My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Can i change the primary photo that will be showed in Google Map?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i manage Social Media Content for a Restaurant Group in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.

I wonder if i can manage the photo that will be appeared the very first time while people browse our Restaurant.

For that i know now, only images from website reviewer will be featured.

I attach the screenshot.

I hope i am clear enough.

Looking forward to your answer.

Ajeng

Jl. Raya Sanggingan, Ubud,

Bali, Indonesia, 80571

Office: +62 811 3992 82

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 4.35.17 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can i change the primary photo that will be showed in Google Map?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can select a preferred photo from within the photos section of the GMB dashboard. It doesn't guarantee it will show in maps but its a start.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @Colan,

I've tried selecting the preferred photo in the GMb dash many times but it doesn't work at all. Is it connected with the closing of Picasa or something? I really need to change the Knowledge graph photo of a business, but have no idea how to proceed.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Another option that I have seen work is to re-add the primary photos within your dashboard. It often triggers a change in the Knowledge Graph.

Disclaimer - removing photos can sometimes leave an ugly placeholder in it's place for a couple weeks. Not always though.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
First of all, I've been to Ubud, Bali and it is absolutely beautiful! When I go back I will have to visit and photograph/review your restaurant group!

I have had this same issue, since I am a wedding photographer and right now my older work from 2-3 yrs ago is showing, and I want to show off my newer work! They have just updated the business photos section however, with all these useful categories for workspace, your team, your team at work, additional photos, etc. and so I have been posting photos there. I suspect they highlight your photos that have the most activity through google+. I could be wrong on this, but the main image that shows for me is one that had the most +1s. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but maybe it can help you?

Now my problem is how to actually engage followers to +1 your work since so few people seem to actually browse google+ vs facebook.