AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Can I merge an old GooglePlus account with a new Google for Business Account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We already have a GooglePlus presence under our brand. We just verified as a Google my Business owner. How do I merge the existing G+ account into my new account, so i don't lose all my followers and content?

GoodHire

555 Twin Dolphin Drive

Redwood City, CA 94065

Existing G+ URL: https://plus.google.com/b/100557466645834766714/+Goodhire/videos?gmbpt=true&pageId=10055746664583476...

New G+ URL: https://plus.google.com/b/100557466645834766714/100557466645834766714/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=100557...

Re: Can I merge an old GooglePlus account with a new Google for Business Account?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Michele D!

Merging your old brand page with your new local page should be pretty straight forward luckily, instructions for doing that are here.

I took a quick look at your listing too, and noticed a few things that you might want to change. The first, is your service area radius. Generally anything over 40 miles will make it unlikely that you'll show anywhere. You're much better off setting it low and making sure you'll be found easily in the area you're actually located in, and relying on other techniques to appear in other markets. 

The second, is your phone number. As the guidelines say:

• Use a local phone number instead of central, call center helpline number whenever possible.

Having an 888 number like you've got can hurt your rankings, and make it harder to get shown. Depending on how much time you want to invest though, it might be a toss up... another of Google's ranking signals is how much their information matches the information everyone else. Ideally, every single place your business is mentioned along with your address and phone number (or in your case since you're a service area business, city and zip) should have the same information. Cleaning up an old number or an address change can be a real hassle, but I figure you should at least have the information to make an informed decision about whether or not you want to try and change it. 

Hope that helps!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.