AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business shows up twice on Google Maps, under slightly different names

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Our research organisation shows up on Google Maps when you search for its full name (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica), but also if you search its abbreviation (CWI). However, these two options point to a slightly different location (just a few metres away from each other, yet still in the same building). In short, there seem to be two different entries for one and the same organisation. Is there a way to merge the two entries, and have both point to the same information and location?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ans C
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ans,

Do you own either of these listings on Google? The best option is to claim and verify one of the listings, and then report the other listing as a duplicate. Once you own the listing, you will have the ability to log in and edit the map pin location.

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ans C
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ans,

Do you own either of these listings on Google? The best option is to claim and verify one of the listings, and then report the other listing as a duplicate. Once you own the listing, you will have the ability to log in and edit the map pin location.

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

Re: Business shows up twice on Google Maps, under slightly different names

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, that should do the trick!