2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business showing as "store" on Google search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For some reason my construction company is showing as a "store" in search results.  I do not have store selected for any of my business categories.  Please see these screenshots:

My categories selected:

How it's showing on Google search results:

It also is showing as "in port salerno" for some reason.  When I search for "Watlee Construction Hobe Sound" it's showing correctly.  Very confusing, but we need to be sure that people don't think we're a construction store.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello PriyaC,

Yes, still experiencing the same problem.  Showing as "Store in Port Salerno, Florida" while we are neither a Store or in Port Salerno!  It's kinda funny really.

But still a serious problem, we're not a store, we're a construction company and Port Salerno is about 5-10 miles north of Hobe Sound.  The address does show correctly though for being in Hobe Sound. 

http://screencast-o-matic.com/screenshots/u/nnnM/1494239332653-29647.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Justin

Rather surprisingly, it appears this has been fixed: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=watlee+construction&oq=watlee+const&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57.2125j0j7...

I say surprisingly because I hadn't actually reported this to Google yet...spooky :)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey PriyaC,

I just did a search and it's still showing up like that.  http://screencast-o-matic.com/screenshots/u/nnnM/1494338249772-88480.png  I know I'm not the only one because it was reported to me by someone else.  Can you please report this to Google?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Justin

before I report can I confirm that you (and the other person) have cleared your browser cache? if you've been searching for this before then you may be seeing an older version of the Knowledge panel.