AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business "Street View" positioned at wrong address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

The business in question has always had the correct address specified in the My Business account, but, up until ~2-3 months ago, the marker was positioned incorrectly (street no. 50 instead of street no. 42). We've repositioned the marker to the correct location, but the Street View continues to show users the old location.

We've reached out to My Business support, but they mentioned they cannot help, even though this is not an imagery issue (such as images not being updated lately), it's simply a positioning problem (the Street View should be positioned at no. 42, where the address and marker currently are, but it is still positioned at no. 50).

This is definitely an issue for the owner, since a lot of the users have complained they see an abandoned house when using the Street View.

Here's a Google Search for the business in question that reflects the issue: https://goo.gl/NBvGXr - note the address and marker location (no. 42), then note the address within the Street View (no. 50).

Is there anyway to "move" the Street View location to the correct address?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mihai A
December

Re: Business "Street View" positioned at wrong address

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Mihai A,

No, we have to wait for my escalation to be processed.

I noticed that the access point for Driving directions have been corrected already, it was located at the same point than the access point for the Street View panoid.

The Street View panoid takes longer to get corrected, up to two weeks.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mihai,

Try the following steps:

1.  Click here and hover your mouse over the street view, a flag in the top right should appear.
  2. Click the flag and the following screen should appear
  3. 112.PNG
  4. You can then report the issue. You need to provide the reason. Best practice for your situation is to position the street view to where your business is located and advise in the additional information section.
  5. 113.PNG

Fill out your email to receive notification of the request. It can take a week or two until you hear anything,

Sandy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Sandy,

I've reported the issue, will let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

3 weeks later, still no change. I've submitted two reports, I've tried moving the marker around and adding some extra photos, hoping that it would "trigger" the street view position update.

The position of the street view is still at the old marker location, hasn't updated to the correct address.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

PS: Seems I found a similar issue here, that was resolved by escalating it to Google: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/KEx1ca46RVQ

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Mihai A,

Please, do not move the location marker for the business listing, it would not trigger a re-calculation of the access point for Street View. It can be done only by Google.

Please, provide the URL of your business listing on Google Maps.

Thank you

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @treebles,

Was actually looking to get in touch with you :) I only moved the marker a couple of millimeters (actually brought it right to the entry gate).

Here's the URL of the business listing: https://goo.gl/RrmCNu

Place ID (in case that's helpful): ChIJkWFiTdX4sUARw78KpPn5YJo

Cheers!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Mihai A,

The marker for the business seems to be on the sidewalk.

Could you please edit its position and place it on top of the building where it is actually located.

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@treebles Ok, done!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @treebles, anything else I can do?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mihai A
December

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Mihai A,

No, we have to wait for my escalation to be processed.

I noticed that the access point for Driving directions have been corrected already, it was located at the same point than the access point for the Street View panoid.

The Street View panoid takes longer to get corrected, up to two weeks.