AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business phone number appearance in organic mobile search results

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would like my business phone number to appear in organic mobile search results. My question is not related to my Google My Business listing. I am referring to organic search results.

I see this is a feature that Google has been testing for over one year. How can I get Google to show my phone number this way? Is this something I can control? Many thanks, Michelle

Business phone number appearance in organic mobile search results

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Michelle, 

For that kind of a question, the Google webmaster help forum would be more likely to have an answer to your question. To my knowledge though, Google never went past the testing phase with that feature. I haven't seen any mobile SERPs with click to calls embeded for quite a while, and I haven't heard anyone talking about it since last September. To my knowledge, this is not something you can control, and is not something you should expect to see for your own business any time soon. If it ever rolls out though, I imagine it would be something that would happen automatically for most SMBs, Google knows your number after all. 

There have been some big changes for local businesses on Google this month though (Google Posts, Google Sites) so I suspect there's some extra focus that's being put on Google's local business division. We may see more changes coming this year than last, we'll just have to see what happens. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.