AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business page Rank decreasing day by day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having local business setup with four Branches. And I have Created 2 local business page and one brand page. Is there any effect of brand page on local business page.  As my Google ranking is decreasing day by day. If brand page effects on local business then delete it. 

https://plus.google.com/104581739975715895523

If there is any other reason kindly suggest me as my Google ranking is decreasing day by day. 

Business name - Sethi PG Service's

URL - plus.google.com/+SethiPGServicesChandigarh

Competitor - Mother's home pg.  This business  has few listing in Google or other sites still its coming on top.  Kindly suggest. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business page Rank decreasing day by day

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sethi PG S

Before coming (far more below) to your issue I have to make a "meta" remark about this stupid forum:

This is my third try to post an answer on your thread.

In my frist try I mentioned and wrote several times the name of the city of your hostel as I now have to write it in reverse direction as "hragidnahC

See this screen capture explaining the reason:

Screenshot 2016-01-15 at 13.11.52.png

I then made in the edited thread some remarks (about getting you if searching for an other city nearby written now in reverse direction now as "alukhcnaP")

What shall I tell you?

The stupid nanny bot of the forum  doesn't like this other city either:

See below:

screencapture.png

Now to the purpose:

There is really somethings strange with your business (having two categories specified "students hostel" & "girls hostel")

At first my good news:

I get you on a search on www.google.com for "students hostel near Ch......rh 160035 India" with a knowledge graph:

Screenshot 2016-01-15 at 12.42.48.png

Now the bad news:

I don't get the same result searching with www.google.com for  "girls hostel near Ch....rh 160035 India"

Frankly I don't get any local results then.

Now here are more bad news:

I don't get it for any searches like the above if using the Indian GoogleSearch www.google.co.in

I now have no idea your issue is somehow related to the name of the city as this name seems not being liked by some of Googles nanny bots.

But I believe it somehow it is related to the stupid Google nanny bot is considering your city "hragidnahC" (if spelling it in the correct direction)!!!

Why?

I get you if searching for "Girls  hostel near Pa.....la  India" or for "Students  hostel near Pa....la  India"

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Helmut your post made me smile. I'm surprised Google didn't try and censor all your "stupid" comments about their forum ;)

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Try to search pg for girls in (hragidnahc). in Google.co.in it will show you many result who have not even added any images or post. Still it comes on top and my business not shows on search with these keywords. It shows only with full address, pin code or with business name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Helmut Geissler

Is there any solution. By which I can Improve my ranking. As I have seen in my case. Business without any information, reviews, Photos or Google + posts are getting higher rank then a reviewed, and informative business.

Plus.google.com/+SethiPGServicesChandigarh

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
that's what google informs (in general ) about ranking: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en

In your case there is additional my suspect about the influence of the city name as some Google bots seem consider the name somehow bad.