2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up on maps after all optimization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I officially opened doors to my new business little over 2 months ago. I verified my business with Google and have been doing all optimization (description, categories, pics, video, posts) on GMB and G+ for over a month now. However, the business still does not show up with keywords. It does show up when searching for the exact name obviously. 

I have been adding citations in different directories. I have also been optimizing my new website as well. The website is now starting to appear organically on the 1st page when searching with some keywords. But my business doesn't show on maps still. Please help!

Business Name: MediFeet Clinic & Orthotics Centre

Address: 1840 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, ON L5J 1J7

Keywords:

Foot Clinic Mississauga

Podiatrist Mississauga

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing up on maps after all optimization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Neha A

I'm aware my answer will not be a big help but could be perhaps helpful for others having a good idea

Here we go:

first of all: your business is on GMaps:

https://www.google.com/maps?cid=15268794391579969307

But I agree its strange:

I also dont get you for "podiatrist mississauga"

But I get you for "podiatrist clinic mississauga"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Sorry, but you are right, it did not help much. When you say 'your answer could perhaps be helpful for others having a good idea', do you think it would be a good idea to get some professional help?

I tried and my business does not show up on maps for "podiatrist clinic mississauga" either.

Can you please please give me any other suggestions to fix this? Thanks very much, Helmut.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not really other ideas (and my remark regarding "...for others..." was a weak try to address my fellows TCs and RSs)
But you can try improving your website by structured data sending better signals to Google for your keywords.
The tool schema.org is supposed a good tool for this.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Neha and Helmut :)

I'd add a couple of other points to Helmut's responses, which are all designed to help Google build trust in your business:

1. Use the Google generated map for your contact page and embedded visit us widget. This is the code for a small map:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d11573.554894273522!2d-79.624824!3d43.515086!3m2..." width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Update the hours on your GMB page to match the hours on your website - there's quite a big discrepancy at the moment (for example the GMB page says you are shut on Fridays which I'm betting isn't the case)

Otherwise you're looking pretty good. How long has the site / GMB listing been active?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Thanks very much for the information.

1) I have embedded the google maps on my website. For some reason, I could not get the code to work, but I generated one from Google maps. Thanks again.

2) GMB hours are consistent with the website, except this coming Friday which is a stat holiday (Canada Day). Since I had set the special hours in GMB, it is possible that this Friday is showing closed.

It has been close to 2 months since I verified my account. One of the reps told me that I made too many changes in description/hours initially, so the trust level is low. I guess I just have to be bit more patient, but if there are any other recommendations, please let me know. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Neha Arora

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Sorry the code didn't work initially Neha but I'm glad you got it working in the end.

I think you have done as much as you can at the moment - keep an eye on it over the next few weeks and yes, as Google's trust in the business grows your online presence should as well.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

There are many steps needed to get your site ranking in maps. Google looks for many different types of "signals" that confer legitimacy and trust on/for your business. Essentially Google is trying to see that 1) you are a real business ,2) your site is relevant and provides value to their users

There are different strategies that can be employed to raise your map rankings- the most important factor is having your business referenced on the web by other sites- this is known as citation building and is one of the main factors in map ranking- beware though as all citations are not created equal and some can actually harm your ranking.
Hope this helps  <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: please be aware that it is counter to Community Guidelines to offer assistance outside the forum itself, and/or to provide your contact information in a forum post. 

Before posting further, please read our Community Guidelines, which may also be viewed via the Community Guidelines link towards the bottom right of most pages in this Community. Thank you for your understanding. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris,

Thanks. I understand that citations are important. My website is appearing on the first page with some keywords (Foot Clinic Mississauga, for example), so that assures me I'm going in the right direction.

The issue seems to be with google maps. For example, if I search for 'Podiatrist', my business appears on the map (not in top 3 yet). Whereas if I search for 'Podiatrist Mississauga', it does not appear on maps at all. I have done all optimization around the city Mississauga, included it everywhere possible. My business is physically located in the city of Mississauga.

Thanks,
Neha