My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up on google places?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I added my new buisness to Google My Business a few months and it shows up on google when I search "Sash Gelato", but as far as I can tell it is not showing up on Google Places (when I try searching "ottawa gelato" it does not show up on the list or map) and it also doesn't have one of those little badges on Google Maps when I search for it on a new computer, but on my computer it seems to have one (probably because I've already searched for it).

Any ideas why my buisness isn't getting the badge/showing up on places? 

Thanks in advanced!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing up on google places?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google rarely ranks brand new businesses very high because of the high volume of spam that they get. They need more signals to help them know that your business is real and that it matters more than the current people they have listed. The only way they will start to increase your ranking is if you work on all the different aspects that impact Local Search ranking. If you aren't familiar with Local SEO you could read this: http://radicalmustache.com/ultimate-local-seo-guide/. Google's take on ranking: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Re: Business not showing up on google places?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would this still cause my buisness to not show up at all on places? My buisness currently has 12 five-star reviews which is more than many other gelato locations in the city (some of the ones that show up on "ottawa gelato" don't even have any reviews). 

I'll definitely take a look through those links you posted, thank you!