5.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up on Maps when search by category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is verified with Google Maps and can be found on maps if I search by my company name.  But when I search by category "video production" I don't come up in the list of businesses.  It's becoming very frustrating as I'm losing a lot of work from this.  

My business is Zebra Vision (Melbourne, Australia)

58 Rupert St, Collingwood VIC 3066

1 Expert replyverified_user

P K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
P K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,  I have the same problem :(

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

both of you need to read and understand Google Local Maps Ranking Factors and apply basics in order to come up more then just for your name

Expert @Tim Capper has put together a article on that here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

Re: Business not showing up on Maps when search by category

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Steve H

To add to the link @Eric Gehler provided, I did some quick checks on the business.

You have 2 sites that mention you online, you need to build up your business citations:

"Zebra Vision" AND "58-62 Rupert St, Collingwood VIC 3066"

Some Australian citations you can work on:

https://www.whitechalkroad.com.au/blog/local-seo-citations

Your business page is empty:

https://plus.google.com/+ZebraVisionMelbourne/about

No posts or videos >> google bot reads, understands and index your business page content

Reviews >> build these up over time, every happy client should be asked to leave a review.

Your structured data markup has you as an organization not as a local business which is fine, however you have not included the address ( location !! ) tel number, contact. You also have not included your Google business page within the sameAs ?

Provide the signals to Google.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Steve,

I took a look at your structured data markup and it appears you've taken Tim's recommendations onboard, which is great but you've marked up Organization type twice. It's not necessary to mark up a separate Organization type to mark up the address and contact info, you can mark up all the properties in one. Also note, if you were to markup LocalBusiness instead, you could also mark up geo coordinates. Also note, the marked up social profiles should belong to the business i.e. you shouldn't mark up your personal profile pages.

Grace