1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up in map in google search for important product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We sell stairlifts in Luton England (CarverCare and Mobility, 2 The Gallery, The Mall, Luton LU1 2TW).  Our website contains pages dealing with stairlifts (and lots of other things - www.carvercare.co.uk).   We do not show up in the map that comes up when you search for 'Luton Stairlifts', or the companies that google lists underneath.  I really want to change this but do not know how to.  There is no category in google local business for 'stairlifts' and my url does not have 'stairlifts' in it.  

What is really odd is that we also sell stairlifts in Milton Keynes and all else being equal, do turn up in the google maps and company listing for this area.  I just don't get it.  

I have thought about changing our Luton web address to www.carvercare.co.uk/category/stairlifts in case this assists.

All help much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing up in map in google search for important prod

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
use as your category "Mobility Equipment Supplier"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Helmut
Thank you for your reply, which is kind. I have used this category for some time as it is one of the few categories that suit my business. Unfortunately it does not press the magic button for 'stairlifts'. As far as I can see the lucky companies that do get displayed have 'stairlift' as part of their URL. I cannot include this in my name but I could direct google business users to www.carvercare.co.uk/category/stairlifts, although I am concerned that directing them to a particular product page when there are lots of other products we supply, will confuse both them and google generally.
Is there anything else I could try?
Best wishes
William
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author William C
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

you can't do much on your business page as using any of their default categories (older buisness entries are excluded from this restriction - but can't change the categories anyway)

But you can help with your website (not sure you have one) using schema.org to make your Google business page  better to find for 'stairlift'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much for taking the trouble to help. William carver_logo_rgb Milton Keynes Mobility Ltd, trading as Carver Care and Mobility. Registered Office: 26 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Bucks MK16 8AQ. Registered in England and Wales no. 4809881. Email: william.carver@carvercare.co.uk This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Milton Keynes Mobility Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have contacted my web developer and he says that it will take a week's work to enable the code used in schema to be utilised. This will be very expensive, unfortunately.
I have also tried to make my website better by highlighting the word 'stairlift' on the homepage, and putting the four business addresses there too. The url does not mention stairlifts as I do lots of other things; I could put the web address to a specific page on the website dealing with stairlifts in Luton but am concerned that this would cause omission of all the other things the shop and its engineers do. Thanks for your help.