AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing up in Local Listings

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi this is Bob with ABC Quality Painting LLC.  I'm very disappointed that my business is not showing up at the local listings. Is there any way that this can be fix soon? I have no phone calls, and I don't show up when I search my business locally. Do you have any other programs for my business to show locally? My phone number is 727-333-5905. My email is bobkapay@abcqualitypainting.com. Let us know, thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Bob K You are in a competitive market. By that what I mean is searching for Painter Palm Harbor there were about 36 other results in Google Maps listings. So you want to do as well as or better on your website and Google My Business page than your competitors. More content on the site would help. Look at some of the others and do better than they do. For the Google My Business page, one of the best ways to show up better in the rankings is to have reviews. Here is some information on how to ask for reviews for your Google My Bussiness page. Also, take a look at the articles in this community there are a whole bunch of good ideas to implement there. Google has introduced a lot of new features for a listing of posts, video can be added, questions asked and answered descriptions added by the owner. Do more than your competitors know about. Websites for some of the contractor lead services there reviews can also show up some. Then there is also the option for paid adds for an immediate response but that can get expensive if not run right. I have run a small contracting company and with time and good online effort, the momentum and reputation will grow. 

Thanks for asking, 

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Bob K You are in a competitive market. By that what I mean is searching for Painter Palm Harbor there were about 36 other results in Google Maps listings. So you want to do as well as or better on your website and Google My Business page than your competitors. More content on the site would help. Look at some of the others and do better than they do. For the Google My Business page, one of the best ways to show up better in the rankings is to have reviews. Here is some information on how to ask for reviews for your Google My Bussiness page. Also, take a look at the articles in this community there are a whole bunch of good ideas to implement there. Google has introduced a lot of new features for a listing of posts, video can be added, questions asked and answered descriptions added by the owner. Do more than your competitors know about. Websites for some of the contractor lead services there reviews can also show up some. Then there is also the option for paid adds for an immediate response but that can get expensive if not run right. I have run a small contracting company and with time and good online effort, the momentum and reputation will grow. 

Thanks for asking, 

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: Business not showing up in Local Listings

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi  @Bob K  (and  sorry @David W Cox). for my chiming in here:

I get  Bobs listing shown without  issues:

Screenshot 2018-04-13 at 12.51.41.png

one hint @Bob K

to save your privacy and to prevent  getting spammed I strongly recommend you edit your starting post here and remove the email address

Re: Business not showing up in Local Listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I show the business listing show up as well, and in the #2 map spot when searching for "painter palm harbor" 

As previously mentioned, make sure to add as many details as possible about your business and work to get some customer reviews as well.

Capture.JPG