Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing on map in search page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, my business "Sydney Pet Vet" was showing up on google results when you search "Surry Hills vet" (in the smaller map portion on the search results page), then last week the small map disappeared and now only search results are available. My main competitor now appears on the left side of the search results. My friends from overseas are able to still able to see the same small map with my business on it but friends in Sydney are not able to.

When I search "vet Surry Hills", the business appear again on the smaller map.

The only change I have made is the opening hours.

My google+ page: plus.google.com/101703169140104191878

Any advice would be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing on map in search page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I am pinging the Australian TC to help with this one. @PriyaC

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks for the ping @JoyHawkins

@Sydney P when searching for "surry hills vet" (no quotation marks) from Canberra I get the following results:

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 8.30.08 PM.png

Are you able to get a similar result when you do the search in your location? If not, can you provide a screenshot of what you see when you do this search?

Thanks.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xL5M_ihoT6Y/VmDDEDtrfiI/AAAAAAAAACY/k56Jl6AYI50/s1600/untitled.JPG

Hi Priya, thank you for helping me out. When I search "surry hills vet" (with no quotation marks), I get a page that shows my competitor's information on the right side of the page with no small map insert. It is the same when I get my friends who are based in Sydney, to do the same search.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hjTKgCdSfDc/VmDDEGy2A-I/AAAAAAAAACU/uvHM1z5AAq4/s1600/untitled2.JPG

But when I search for "vet surry hills" (no quotation marks"), a similar page like what you found appears. Up until last Sunday, when I search for "surry hills vet", similar page will show up with a small map that puts my business on it.

Any idea why this is the case?

Sorry, having some issues posting pics here?? Keeps saying error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks joy!