My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing on Google places...why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Sir,

I got my business verified on google business. It also shows on map when someone specifically searches for it, however, when hovering over the maps (in the area where i work) it does not show up on its own. Whats the use of registering it with google, if it does not pop up on its own on google maps.

Kindly guide.

Regards,

Kashif

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Business not showing on Google places...why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kashif A

You seem talking about what Google calles a "place label"

Learn more about Place Labels herehttps://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435

It is Google Local algorithms that choose what business listings are shown as Place Labels and it is not possible for business owners to request inclusion of the business listing as a Place Label. There is also nothing business owners can do with their business listings to ensure that their businesses are displayed as a Place Label on Maps and Earth.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kashif A

You seem talking about what Google calles a "place label"

Learn more about Place Labels herehttps://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435

It is Google Local algorithms that choose what business listings are shown as Place Labels and it is not possible for business owners to request inclusion of the business listing as a Place Label. There is also nothing business owners can do with their business listings to ensure that their businesses are displayed as a Place Label on Maps and Earth.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut

I have the same question. However, when I first verified my business 2 months ago, the place label shows (a square maroon marker) without typing in a search for Vee Architects. And now it doesn't. Do they internally review and determine which businesses to give the labels to and even take away the labels from? Any means to write in to check with them on this? Thank you so much.

Vicki

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Vicki L

I think  showing or not showing labels are subject of changes - like  ranking a business