My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business not showing in results when doing a category/keyword search, although it did in the past.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a "Google My Business" page and a Google+ page.  Previously, my business appeared in the results when doing a category search.  Now, it is only visible if the exact  name is searched.  This is true for both regular Google searches and Google Maps searches.  It has been this way for a while now, and it has killed by incoming business.  That's a huge compliment to Google for the services provided, and I am so grateful for the business.  However, I am desperate to get this resolved!  My business is T-town Go Notary.  Big thanks in advance!!  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing in results when doing a category/keyword search, although it did in the pas

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
It's about this listing:
https://plus.google.com/106242786306273947882/about ?

I'm not sure about how in the USA a "Notary Public" usually runs his business.
But in my country Germany there is no notary running his business at the location of his customers only.
You however seem defined your business exactly this manner: as a Service Area with hidden address.
Are you really don't have brick and mortar office for oyur business?

Only then it would make sense to have a Service Area with hidden address.

Re: Business not showing in results when doing a category/keyword search, although it did in the pas

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, sir. That is correct. I am a traveling notary public. I do not have
a brick and morter type of business. I travel to each and every client. I
work from home.

--
Jenny S

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jenny S

I beleive can't help much then as it is a ranking matter.

Note: according our experienc you specified a service area of a radius >40 miles (guessed)

The ranking of such large service areas is known as often pretty bad.

But if I do from my German end using google.com a category search for  this red highlighted query

"notary public" near Tuscaloosa

I get you top ranked:

Screenshot 2016-07-05 at 11.12.13.png

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not ranked at all. It has 2 that pull up when "Tuscaloosa Notary
Public" is searched. A and B are both UPS. It has only been doing that
for the last couple of weeks. My business was somewhere in the top 3
listings previously. My service area has not changed. My listing just
doesn't appear with a category search anymore. Is it possible for Google
to reset my listing?

--
Jenny S

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, so now, it is pulling up my business only when using the words "in"
or "near". If you search "Notary Public Tuscaloosa", it will not show my
business. This is driving me bonkers!

--
Jenny S