Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business no longer showing on maps for most searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. About 9 months ago I started a new phone repair business and went through everything to set up a website, get listed on Google, Bing, Yelp, Facebook, etc.. We used to show up pretty high when searching for "iphone repair" or "phone repair" in my area but now, we don't show up at all on Google or Google Maps unless searching for the actual name of the business. I have 20 reviews and a 4.7 star Google rating which is higher than most competitors in the area.

My business has dropped off quickly and I fear that this is the reason. I don't use Google+ at all but do have a page set up. I use AdWords regularly and sometimes can't even find our business on Google with the Ads running. I have SEO set up on the website as well. We spent a ton of time creating our online presence before opening the business and feel as though everything wax done correctly. 

Hope someone can help!

All of the business info is below.

Roadrunner Repairs

3699 West Henrietta Road. Rochester NY, 14623

585-967-7777

http://www.roadrunnerrepairs.net

https://plus.google.com/+RoadrunnerrepairsNet

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business no longer showing on maps for most searches

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @steve s

There are a couple of things that spring to mind.

New listings and websites experience a "honeymoon" period whilst Google figures out where to position them naturally.

Your website is not positioned on page 1 for Iphone repairs Rochester NY. There is a strong correlation between organic positioning and map listings.

Take a look at Rochester boundary:

Rochester   Google Maps.png

Your business happens to be just outside the recognized boundary.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply Tim! Your answer makes sense..

Do you have any advice that could help me fix the problem? I notice other business in my area (14623 zip code) show up on the first page when searching for "iPhone Repair Rochester NY." Many of the local repair businesses are located in Henrietta like myself but service mostly residents of Rochester.

Any advice would be appreciated! Is there any better way to get Google to recognize us as a top-rated business within our category? We have a better rating than most as well as more reviews.

Thanks for your help.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @steve s

Structured data markup on site

Local links

All in the two articles I posted.

Just take your time and build your sites branding and authority locally.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again Tim! I am new to this forum so I am sure I am missing something but I don't see links to any articles. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Oh [censored]

It cut my reply in half, sorry.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...