AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing won't rank on map until I use "search this area"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am marketing manager for a small electronics store business with 8 listings around Australia and I have never had this problem before, I am always careful to ensure all of our GMB details are filled out and accurate.

I have one newer listing which will not display for "electronics store *suburb*" at default zoom. If I zoom in slightly on desktop we suddenly display at rank 2. On mobile, I get the listings in the area for electronic store (ours is entirely absent), then if I adjust the map slightly, don't even change the zoom level, and press "search this area", we appear at rank 2 again. 

We do have the unfortunate location of being directly across the road from our competitor which i'm concerned is not helping us get seen online. To display both our businesses in google maps would mean overlapping the map markers and i'm wondering if we're being penalised for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Business listing won't rank on map until I use "search this area"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

SRL LA CHANDIGARH