My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing is not showing up in the google search page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

My business name is "Trip Begins". Previously when i type my business name in the google search my google business map will appear in the right side of the google search page. But suddenly from today its not showing up. When i clicked google search link from the google + brand page my business listing is showing up.

Problem i am having is

When i type only my business name (Trip begins) the listing is not showing up

When i type business name + full address its showing up (Trip Begins 79, Perambur Main Road Perambur Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600011). 

Previously my listing will appear by typing only my business name. Kindly let me know how do i need to change it back.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business listing is not showing up in the google search page.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mohammed

There's two reasons for this - one is the actual name of your business "Trip Begins". To Google that doesn't automatically mean someone is looking for your business; it could mean they're looking for a phrase, a book, an email etc etc.

The other reason is the amount of trust that Google has in your business. I couldn't find many references to your business at your address, outside of your website. I recommend building up citations across local directories, with your business details to improve that trust. Also, using Google's actual map on your contact page rather than a stylised one will help. The code to embed the map is:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3885.8584558702855!2d80.24524531429604!3d13.10... width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And finally, when I search for your business on Maps, the pin is at a different location to when I search for the address itself. You'll need to move the pin to the proper Map location (which can be done within the GMB dashboard).

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog