AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business listed in proper category on Google Maps but not showing up in search for that category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there:

The name of the business is Cooling Kings Mechanical, located in Glendale AZ. I can search for the business name and it appears, and when I click on it I see that it is listed as an Air Conditioning Repair Service Business. However when I search for Air Conditioning Repair in Glendale AZ it does not show up at all, even if I zoom into the exact area that it is located. This tells me that it is not a problem with competition, that it is actually something potentially wrong in the database.

Can you please help me on this? I am helping this business with their Maps listing and just am not having much luck with it.

Thank you!

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business listed in proper category on Google Maps but not showing up in search for that category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave,

This can be frustrating, I'm sure, so I feel for you. Looks like you verified the business very recently, is that right? 

You might want to start encouraging your happy customers to leave reviews on your listing. That can only help you visibility. Also, it may take a little time before you show up on a categorical search.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter