2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business is open by appointment only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Appointment only needs to be an option for business hours, I run my business from home and I am not always there so I need people to know that they should call first. I also have a very good website which answers most questions people might have so I would really prefer it if people would go to the website rather than calling first but there is nowhere that you can even display even a small amount of info on the google listing so that customers know what they should do. It seems that the issue of appointment only has been raised often and the threads are being closed without any resolution.  I will be very disappointed if this thread is closed  without a proper solution to the problem.  It then comes up as solved when it clearly is not.

I have seen it suggested that if you operate by appointment only you should have that on your website, but as I have explained people don’t go to the website, they call or drop in to the address. I have not put my business hours in as the only solution I have at the moment but that looks unprofessional and I gather it is not really correct practice either.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business is open by appointment only.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
this is a long term discussion and Google is aware that many users would like having such an option.
But Google decided obviously not to implement it.
Guessing they have good reasons for this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can see that it is long term discussion but all of the threads I have read on it have been closed without any resolution or even the straight forward answer that it won't be happening, under the guidelines one must be available to customers during the posted times, this is impossible for me to do so I can't have posted hours on my listing which I believe is not correct practice, it is simply an impossible situation for some people.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
then delete your business from your dahsboard - it will revert it to an unverified listing

This way you wont violate their guide lines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't see how that would help. I either have hours that I am not necessarily available for or no hours that looks tacky making my listing unverified won't fix that.

Business is open by appointment only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not having "By appointment only" option is very frustrating.

Any updates form Google on this?