Guide Me
star_border

Business is not showing up when searched in Google Map

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Full business name : Port Mower World

Current business address : UNIT 3 / 25 Central Road ,Port Macquarie, NSW 2444(Australia)

Current telephone number : 02 6581 5527

I was searching for business called "Port Mower World" in the address "UNIT 3 / 25 Central Road ,Port Macquarie, NSW 2444(Australia)" in Google Map But in my Search result I am not getting "Port Mower World".

Instead I am getting another business called "Port Mower Center" in address "16 Bellbowrie Street, Port Macquarie NSW 2444, Australia" which is close by.

And also when I try to reach "Port Mower World" using the Driving Direction link "https://www.google.com/maps/dir/'13.0833,80.28330000000005'/'Port Mower World'/" , that time also I am getting redirected to "Port Mower Center" business address.

Please let me know what is the issue here.

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business is not showing up when searched in Google Map

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I'm not sure:

Have you created for the business in question already a GMB listing through https://business.google.com/create ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Srinivasan k

As far as i can tell you have not created a Google business page for this business.

If you have not >> Start Here

https://www.google.com/business/

Follow the Steps

http://onlineownership.com/google-for-business/create-your-google-business-page/

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Tim,

Thanks for the information.
Is it not enough to locate a Business in Google Map just with latitude and longitude of the Business address?

And also is it mandatory to have a Business listed under Google My Business, for having the business in Google Map search results/getting driving directions.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Srinivasan k

No, in order to verify a business you need to use the full physical address. Google with then use that to provide driving directions.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Tim,

But I am not getting any search results when I try for search business called 'Port Mower World'' using its full physical address "Port Mower World,UNIT 3 / 25 Central Road Port Macquarie NSW 2444" in Google Maps.

So is it mandatory to have a Business listed under Google My Business, for having the business in Google Map search results/getting driving directions.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Srinivasan k

Yes, you have to have a business listing in GMB in order to get driving directions in Maps.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI, I am the owner of Port Mower World & have been trying to fix this problem. I have verified the business & it still does not work, although I did just receive an email from Google stating that it can take 24hrs for it to be updated, so I will check tomorrow

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@jason m

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.