My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business is not "closed" we just moved online only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, We used to have a physical location, but we no longer have it as we are online only now. We tried to remove our listing but were unable to. The best we could do is mark it as "permanently closed" but that makes our customers think we are no longer in business. 

I would like to completely remove the google maps listing. 

Any help is much appreciated! We have been trying to fix this for years - literally :-(

1. Full business name: Holstee
2. Current business address: Online only 
3. Current telephone number: (917) 336-0603
4. Google Maps URL:  https://www.google.co.id/maps/place/Holstee/@40.6763423,-73.9928303,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x16d236...
5. Website (if applicable): Holstee.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave R
April 2017

Re: Business is not "closed" we just moved online only.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dave R, You'll need to contact business support to help with this.

You can request a call from support (when available) by filling out this form.

You can also contact support from within your Google My Business dashboard if you click on the three horizontal line menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Support". A menu will then drop down on the right side of the screen and there will be options listed under "Contact Us".

Another option is to contact support via Facebook or Twitter

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave R
April 2017

Re: Business is not "closed" we just moved online only.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dave R, You'll need to contact business support to help with this.

You can request a call from support (when available) by filling out this form.

You can also contact support from within your Google My Business dashboard if you click on the three horizontal line menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Support". A menu will then drop down on the right side of the screen and there will be options listed under "Contact Us".

Another option is to contact support via Facebook or Twitter

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome, thanks Tom! I followed your advice and just spoke to a representative. I should hear back in 48 hours - fingers crossed they are able to help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom I just wanted to say thanks again. That worked!!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Great! Glad​ to hear that worked. Thanks for reporting​ back to let me know​.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dave,

Just curious what did you do to resolve this? I contacted Google (explaining my physical location has closed but I was still online) and asking for the "Google My Business" listing to be removed (but I want to keep the Google +, You Tube pages) and they said they couldn't do it...

I've spent hours going around in circles... no idea why Google services has to be SO complicated!

Thanks, Sarah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I followed Tom's advice and requested a call from that number and it worked! Not sure if they changed something on their end at google but filling out that form and speaking with a google rep they were able to remove the map listing. Good luck Sarah - i know how frustrating it can be!