My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business icon does not show up, but is on the list on the left side of the map.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our clients Google+ page was setup by another agency a few years back and we recently took over.  They now have 2 locations.  The one we setup (Location #2 below) shows correctly as it has a location. The listing in question is the main office (Location #1 below), which we hid the address because it is a home.  Currently, using counties and some cities as the service area.

The company shows up on the left side of the map in the list when we do a Google search for "Pest Control Weeki Wachee, FL"  or "Pest Control Citrus County" or any of the area's we service and click on the map.  The problem is that it has never put an icon on the map.  A similar company, Knight Pest Control, is not listed as having a physical address but does have an icon. On the attached screen shot you will see what we are seeing.

How can we get an icon oOur actual address is the next main road (47north of Global Pest ControlOur actual address is the next main road (47north of Global Pest ControlOur actual address is the next main road north of Global Pest ControlOur actual address is the next main road north of Global Pest Controln the counties we serve?

Location#1:
1. BugX Exterminators

2. 11210 Centralia Rd, Weeki Wachee, FL 34614-2745

3. (877) 284-9398

4. https://plus.google.com/+Bugx-exterminators/about

Location #2: THIS LOCATION SHOWS UP CORRECTLY
1. BugX Exterminators
2. 14391 Spring Hill Dr. Suite 109, Spring Hill, FL 34609
3. (352) 544-8383
4. https://plus.google.com/+BugXExterminatorsSpringHill/about

Thank you in advance for your help!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sorry in case I did not understand your isseu well @Wiley M

the one listing https://plus.google.com/+Bugx-exterminators/about can have a place label as it was created as a service area bsuinesswith "hidden" address.

Means: while creating it the creating user unchecked below the service area definition the little box  "we also serve our customers at our business address" - which I consider very reasonable for a pest control business.

The other listing at "14391 Spring Hill Dr, Suite 109 Spring Hill, FL 34609" seems to be in violation of Googels Rules as it is using a UPS store to create a fake listing.

In neither case you should expect to get a place label.

Re: Business icon does not show up, but is on the list on the left side of the map.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your feedback. So, I should check that address box for the
https://plus.google.com/+Bugx-exterminators/about listing, correct? Then
we will have a place label for this listing.

I don't understand how others get place labels without having addresses,
like Knight Pest Control and many others. Can you let advise?

As for the Spring Hill address, this is where our field tech works from.
We have a box there where he gets his mail, marketing material, etc. As a
service company who comes to your home or office. should I uncheck the "we
also serve..." box and just leave as service?

Thank you for your awesome assistance!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Wiley M

technically spoken is the answer "yes" - checking the box will increase to chance to get a place label (But now there is anyway no guarantee to get a place label at all - its a matter of Googles algos)

However you should do this (cheching the little box) only in case  you have a storefornt or  an office at the address wit  a clear signage of your business

Regarding other businesses having a place label without showing their address I don't believe such listings do exist.

In case they appear its a bug or a very clever made spam.

Re: Business icon does not show up, but is on the list on the left side of the map.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your help.