Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business gone from Local Search results under my primary category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am an attorney that practices bankruptcy and estate planning. Until recently my business would show up under the "three pack" if "bankruptcy attorney marlborough," or "estate planning attorney", or similar search terms. Now, only the estate planning search lists me. The bankruptcy related searches do not list me at all, despite Google listing me as a bankruptcy attorney when I come up under estate planning searches. I added a review a few days ago and will be requesting more. I just don't know why I disappeared under the bankruptcy local search results. 

Full business name: Law Office of Matthew McCook, PC

current business address: www.mccooklaw.com, mail: 277 Main Street, Marlborough, MA 01752 USA

Google+ address: https://plus.google.com/101871799262766223609

phone 508-281-1090

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business gone from Local Search results under my primary category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Matthew M,

You are correct, you do not display in the 3-pack at the moment, however, you are there. 

There was a recent update that is still rolling out and being evaluated. You are not alone. 

If you click into the "local finder" (more places) and view maps. Zoom out one level, then you will see your listing. 

2016-09-12_12-22-30.png

Regards,

Ben Fisher Google+ | Twitter | Steady Demand 

PS.

Help keep the forums clean, if you are satisfied with your help, please select the answer that helped you the most and mark the thread as resolved. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ben,
Thanks for the response. I assume that you are referring to Google updating its algorithm or settings for how businesses rank in the local listings?
Also, any suggestions to get back into the top 3?
Thanks,
Matt

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Matthew,
Yep, exactly what I am referring to. Nothing definitive yet. I would recommend doing what you have been doing and trying to build up some semantic relevance to your business via content/social/reviews. Most of our clients did not take a hit and that is a common thread among them.

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO