My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business doesn't show up in Maps search if I using words...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

My business is:

North East Langdon Dental

(403) 954-2099

https://plus.google.com/116953678885752186127/about

Could you help me, please, when I'm trying to find my business on Google map using words as  " dentist Langdon", "dentist near Langdon", "dental Langdon ", "langdon dental"  it is never show up in Map.

What should I do to make my business appearing during such a search?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business doesn't show up in Maps search if I using words...

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Well, here's one way to look at it. You already know that you can't pay Google to show up in that map section. (Well, not entirely true anymore, but for the 3 on the map in the first page at least, it's still true).

So if you can't buy your way in there, what's Google looking for? I did a real quick little look through, and it looks like there's about 240 dentists in London. For each of the searches you listed, there's 3 that appear. Once you know what Google looks for, you need to do those things better than over 200 other businesses to show up if that's a goal for your business. 

You can check this list out for a quick overview of what Google looks at to decide how to rank, but the gist of it is that your website needs to be set up properly, a lot of other websites (that are both important in Google's eyes, and related to your industry and city) need to link to your site in the right way, your Google my business profile needs to be set up properly, you need good reviews (you have 3 right now, at 5 you'll start getting the review stars showing when people see your business) and you need accurate directory listings for your business with the correct name, address, and phone number on all the appropriate sites that are important in your city and industry in Google's eyes. That's not even getting into potential under the hood problems you might have that can take a trained eye to see (a second, hidden duplicate listing for your business for example could cause problems). Customer behavior is even a factor in how you rank... if Google notices that a lot of people click on your site, stick around for a bit, and don't continue their search to look for a different dentist, even that can make an impact. 

If you'd like to read more about what goes into ranking, this article is a good place to start, but given the fact that you're kind of starting from ground zero, and given the fact that dental is often an industry where you're up against at least a few competitors with some real savvy people backing them up, I don't want to give you the wrong idea about how much work it will be to start showing up for those kinds of searches. You should also know that if you had the right people doing the work for you and they really did a bang-up job, you're still looking at 3~6 months before you really start to see results, so this isn't a quick turn around way to market yourself, though once you're there you'll be getting a huge amount of exposure. 

One other thing to point out though... people searching for your business on their cell phones, that happen to be located a few miles from you, probably will see you already. You also might be showing for people typing in things like 'dentists near me' or that are searching in a particular geographic area on the map that happens to be near you. To take better advantage of those people already finding you, get an extra few reviews so you at least get those review stars showing. That makes a big difference in getting people to pick up the phone and call. You can check out Google's insights in your dashboard to see how many people are currently seeing your business. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you James W for your reply.
I wondering how long it might take to appear in Google map if I 'm using words such as "Dentist Langdon" for example. Our small town, Langdon Alberta, has only two dental clinics. Another one has as mine only 3 google reviews. Do you think my website need more traffic?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Natalia S

I find you specifically in Map and Search ... as you said, there are only 2 of you anyway

screencapture (68).png

screencapture (69).png

I would slowly build

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply.
But why I could not find my business when I put "dentist langdon"?

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Langdon+Dental+Centre/@50.974534,-113.6822957,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
This is machine learning that will take some time.

Homework to improve sites visibility:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership