AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business does not show up on google maps as a place label when hovering

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings,

I am wondering why my business (The Southwest Florida Store in Naples, Florida) does not show up as a place label on Google Maps when hovering over it. No matter how close I zoom in, it does not show up as an icon on the map.

My business is verified, has a phone number, has an address, has a website, has hours, has multiple photos, has a category (and secondary categories), and has pretty much everything else (as far as I'm aware of) that Google wants filled out as well. Additionally, it has been verified by Google for probably close to 9 months.

What I don't get is that there are so many random business and places around my business that have no phone number, website, or pretty much anything else (besides the name and address) that show up as place labels when hovering over them, even though I'm pretty sure many of them are not in business and they don't have anything on Google Maps besides the name of the business and their address. So why do they show up and not mine?

In all, is there anything else I can do to get my business to show up on Google Maps as a place label when hovering over it?

Best regards,

Danny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business does not show up on google maps as a place label when hovering

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Danny B

place labels are not guarantedd for each listing - it's a matter and "decision" of their algos

Please refer to https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435?hl=en