Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Gemini Floor Services 
119 Schenectady Ave, Brooklyn NY
718-690-3435
www.geminifloors.com
https://plus.google.com/+Geminifloors2

I am the webmaster for the business. The site was getting listed for the past 2-3 years somewhere in top 7 at least for most of our main search terms (hardwood floor, wood floors, hardwood flooring, wood flooring). I am seeing lately that our site either is not showing at all or is at the bottom of the list of local business listings.  We are a hardwood flooring company. There's about 60 other companies listed in our area, Brooklyn NY. Out of all the companies ours has the highest count of positive reviews. There are other listings above us that don't even have a website or any reviews and are even further away. I cannot figure out at all what is the issue. There is no indication from Google, no warnings in Search Console or anything. 

I work on the site about 20 hours every week and meticulously go through every SEO factor for local business sites to make sure we have everything in order. About a month ago I submitted a disavow list of low quality links to our site. I don't know if that had a negative impact. I can't imagine how suddenly it could have been driven us to the bottom of the list. 

I am working on the site from Florida. The business is in Brooklyn NY. To see search results in Brooklyn I am using the Chrome developer tools- sensors to set the exact geolocation. If I search from the exact location of the business in Brooklyn (using lat-long coordinates) I do see our site coming up much higher on the list for most keywords. However, if I change the location just a few miles down the street, our business listing is nowhere to be found or at the end of the list. I have tried changing the location in several directions around the vicinity of the business just a few miles in each direction, all with the same result. 

Does anyone have a clue how to figure out what may be the issue ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Listing isn't showing anymore or last on the list

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Madhava N

So for the general:  Flooring Contractor Brooklyn, NY, i get you in the local pack and 3 in map listing.

Flooring Contractor Brooklyn  NY   Google Search.png

For: hardwood floor installation brooklyn ny

You are correct, you are page 2 in maps >> however the site in organic is also page 2, so this makes sense.

For: wood flooring brooklyn ny

Same again, page 2 in maps >> again organic position is also page 2.

I am using incognito and not setting any geo location.

I also notice that your organic positions took a bit of a hit over the last month.

geminifloors.com   Organic Search Positions.png

So without doing a thorough site audit, I reckon you need to figure out the reason for the organic drop which correlates to the local listing drop.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Business Listing isn't showing anymore or last on the list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim thanks alot for taking the time.

It is interesting that you saw us #3 in local pack. I tried the same using incognito (no geolocation) and we came up 16th down the list. Evidently results vary widely. I don't know why we would get such different results when both using the same search method. It seems there could be widely varying results for everyone. Which would make it difficult to measure how one actually ranks, at least without using some other tools that I'm unaware of. The only measure otherwise is by looking at our traffic.

Which program is that you're using to see the traffic volume ? (I know Search Console, but which program you're seeing another sites traffic volume ?)
You say it indicates organic positions took a hit over the last month. If this graph just shows traffic though it is possible there's less traffic because in January business tends to slow down in general.

Re: Business Listing isn't showing anymore or last on the list

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi

I am using SEMrush and that is estimated traffic based upon positions. Naturally this is an external system and far from accurate, but your organic positions even for the couple i searched are page 2, 3.

Has search console shown a drop in positions ( filter for US)

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership