AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business Classification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is Merchant Services or Credit Card Services. There is no business classification for it. The closest I can find is Credit Counseling and that doesn't work for me at all. Merchant Services and Credit Card Services are legitimate businesses and should have a classification.

Blue Dog Business Services 

307 S 50th Ave.

Yakima,WA 98908

mack.hendrick@blue-dog.com

mackarbiz@outlook.com

509-225-9360

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mack H
June 2017

Business Classification

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mack

So looking at the address, this is a Service Area Business, in that you go out to clients businesses to provide your service.

Did you have your address hidden?  If not, please change that setting on your page.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

Once your listing is compliant with the guidelines, we can submit the category request. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Re: Business Classification

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @mack h

At first glance it doesn't appear your business is even eligible for a GMB listing.

Per the guidelines: 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

• Brands, organizations, artists, and other online-only businesses aren't eligible for Google My Business listings.
  • Listings on Google My Business can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are. 

Have I understood your business correctly?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Business Classification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Apparently you have not understood my business. 90% is done face to face. Most at the client's location. All I am asking for in a classification that fits my business.

Thanks, Mack
Mack Hendrick
Blue Dog Business Services
509-225-9360 Office
509-952-6012 Cell
Sent from my iPhone

Business Classification

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mack

Ah, thank you for clarifying.  Looking at the site, it looks like an online only business.

Will pass this on to Google.

Find me on · · my blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mack H
June 2017

Business Classification

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mack

So looking at the address, this is a Service Area Business, in that you go out to clients businesses to provide your service.

Did you have your address hidden?  If not, please change that setting on your page.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

Once your listing is compliant with the guidelines, we can submit the category request. 

Find me on · · my blog

Business Classification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I think I have hidden my address. Please let me know if there is anything more.