2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Business Address Not Showing Up In Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

been struggling with this problem for some time really stumped, my business is called dark manna digital it's located in Trail B.C Canada I've been trying to get it to take my business address "1438 mcquarrie street" so customers can find me but it keeps changing itself to Trail B.C.

Thank you!

3.PNG1.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Address Not Showing Up In Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joshua M,

Did you setup by any chance a service area for the business and is the box for I also serve customers at my business address checked?

If you setup a service area and that box is not checked the address will be hidden on Google Maps.

If that is not the issue, please visit this URL for the street address

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1438+McQuarrie+St,+Trail,+BC+V1R+1X4,+Canada/@49.0973203,-117.7006...

The street address marker is placed on the middle of the street, which is an indication that Google is providing an approximate location.

Click the Send feedback link, at the bottom right corner of the map, and select the option Suggest an edit to 1438 Mcquarrie St and drag the marker to the correct location on top of the building. You should make this correction regardless of the status of the service area for the business listing.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I made the profile so long ago I can't remember but where can I find to view/edit the option "I also serve customers at my business address" it doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Joshua M

Go to your GMB dashboard, this is the URL

https://business.google.com/manage

Open the business listing, click the Info link on the left panel, and then the pencil icon next to the address. It should bring the address editing window for it, at the bottom you should see the option (Yes/No) to set a service area. Check the screen capture below. I do not see it in your first screen capture.

ServiceArea.PNG

If Yes is checked, then you would see the options to set the area and the check-box for I also serve customers at my business address

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

sorry @treebles for chiming in here and sorry @Joshua M for asking a stupid question.as below:

Background of my chiming in here:

I tried replicating your issue and did some investigations.

I was to my surprise able to create a new instance of a listing identical to yours in my own dahsboard.

And this time it did NOT revert to just "trail".

I of course didn't yet request the PIN (and won't do without your agreement)

But I entered the address including the Canadian Postal code V1R 1S8.

First (stupid) question:

did you do it same manner?

I can't see "V1R 1S8" in oyur screen grab (but perhaps it is on your dashboard)

Below two screen grabs as it looks on my dashbaord:

Screenshot 2017-06-20 at 22.28.24.pngScreenshot 2017-06-20 at 22.28.45.png

if I would continue and verify this my instance of your bsuiness GMB would sent a PIN like below:

Screenshot 2017-06-20 at 22.33.43.png

don't wonder about the three marker - this is a side effect because I enlarged the screenshot for better visibility.

In fact the marker is just at  the mentioned and specified address.

"1438 Mcquarrie street
trail, BC V1R 1S8
Canada"

What do you guys think about my findings?

Forgot to mention: on my end I also would be able to specify an service area and ""I also serve customers at my business address" "

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm unable to take another screenshot right now but the option i see in your screenshot is completely unavailable on my end in-fact looking back i don't think it ever gave me this option for any of the businesses i have setup I'm not sure whats up with my account or if there is some sort of regional thing.

I know remaking my listing seems to fix the problem but I really don't want to lose the few reviews i have or my position it's really important to my business! :) thank you! my original screenshot shows what happens when i click the pencil icon and the "I deliver goods to customers" checkbox is completely missing!! :(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed this but didn't want to lose my listing or reviews, if my listing is just bugged i don't mind remaking it in the end but it's difficult to get reviews!! :")

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Joshua M,

I would suggest to contact the My Business support team first to see if they can assist you with whatever is wrong with your listing.

It is not possible to delete the listing, at least not by you. Removing the listing from your GMB dashboard only tells Google that you no longer wish to manage the listing, but it could remain as an unverified listing in the Local database.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a bug report around 6 months ago following the instructions found on the my business support page using the "Send Feedback" button but it seemed to be a dead-end https://support.google.com/business#topic=4539639 :(

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Joshua M,

You will never get a reply when sending feedback, you need to contact the support team directly and talk to somebody.

You should have a Support link on the left panel, it is at the bottom of the list. When you click that link a help window should pop up in view on the right side of the screen, you should see there the options to contact the GMB support team.