2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Broken links in search results for business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our website home page is set up with page anchors to sections - examle, when you click the "About" menu button at the top it scrolls down to that anchor location on the home page. Since we have changed to this format (rather than having actual subpages), when Google search results shows our business the page specific links below the link to the home page do not work. They try to send it to www.russellridgeanimalhospital.com/about-, which is not a real page, and tells people the link is broken. How do I either tell google that it is a page anchor, not a subpage, or change which actual subpages show up in the main search result? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danielle M
May 2017

Broken links in search results for business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Danielle, as you have the page ranking and may have links else where you should set up a 301 redirect for that specific url path. Than when anyone visits that url path they will automatically be taken to the correct page. For instance you could set it up http://www.russellridgeanimalhospital.com/about 301 to he about section on your home page. The same way you have the about us menu section set up to bring you to the home page about section. Or whatever page makes the most sense.