AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Branded Knowledge Card results aren't outranking local business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem

ChowNow is a B2B white-label SaaS platform that builds online ordering technology for restaurants. A previous employee claimed our Google My Business local listing for our corporate office, and we often get reviewed by customers of our restaurant clients about their experience with food. Since we neither make nor prepare food, these results are often misguided.

Our goal is to get a Branded Knowledge Card about the company to replace (or at least outrank) our local business listing. There is a pretty accurate Wikipedia page about our company, which populates a small "See More Results about ChowNow (company)" at the bottom of our first page of search results. 

Question

How can we get our branded knowledge card to outrank our local search listings and reviews? Is there more we should be doing to populate a more robust branded knowledge card? Other brands like Postmates and Doordash have both, however their company/brand card sits above their local listing.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

ChowNow

12181 Bluff Creek Dr. Ste. 200

Playa Vista, CA 90094

www.chownow.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Hayley T I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya,

This is still a huge issue for our company. For more context, Google "ChowNow" and compare to Google results for "Postmates." Postmates used to have the same issue as ChowNow: Their corporate office's "local storefront" sat on top of their brand card. Then, after a period of time, their brand card sat above their corporate office. Now, only their brand card shows in their search results, and their Corporate Office reviews only appear when you click into Google Maps. 

This is what we want to achieve, and what makes sense of our brand, since our competitors don't have their corporate offices listed for review in their search results.

Appreciate you responding to this query - any information would be greatly appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Hayley T online only businesses (like yours, Postmates and Doordash) aren't supposed to have local listings so I'd say what happened with Postmate is either Google took down the local listing or they requested it be removed.

You too can request that your local listing be removed as it isn't appropriate for you to have one. You can contact GMB support directly via this contact form: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_m?from=cuf_c2c

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya,

I've contacted GMB at this point twice, and both times they've escalated the request, and it was denied. They said having reviews by customers are legitimate for our type of business, but won't fully explain why Postmates and Grubhub were able to get theirs removed. It really doesn't make any sense. Any additional avenues to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hayley