Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Brand Knowledge Panel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm currently investigating the Brand Knowledge Panel (BKP) for my employers.

The problem (which can be seen below) is when we google Redde Plc the BKP shows Helphire Group and the logo is a variant of the brand logo not the correct one. Redde Plc was renamed from Helphire Group to Redde Plc back in 2014. Is there anyway we can get that BKP to correctly show the updated company name and control which logo is displayed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Google Redde Plc.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Brand Knowledge Panel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Its hard to advise as I get for "Redde plc" just the "upper part" of oyur "combined" Knowledge graph

Screenshot 2017-01-23 at 13.52.01.png

while istead searching for "Redde plc Bath" I get the lower part of the combined  Knowledge panel

only

Screenshot 2017-01-23 at 13.54.29.png

Brand Knowledge Panel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The way I understand it, (and these are mostly guesstimates on my part) the second one you have there is the Local Knowledge Panel (which pulls info from Google My Business as well as other places)? While the first one is the Brand Knowledge panel (which is more an overview of the brand as a whole instead of any specific office location and draws info from various sources across the web)?

Assuming that is correct adding Bath to the search criteria makes sense to display the Local KP as it's a more localized search. But the brand one is seemingly not looking at Google+ or Google my Business for it's info.

Brand Knowledge Panel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

How did you solve this problem? Did it just require time? I noticed that if you google your company name as of 2nd September 2017 the correct name and logo appear. I am having difficulty getting google to generate a BKP for our business despite it being in operation with a website for over 15 years.