Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Bogus Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi
The timing for a post on my review page is not same as the time for the same post viewed from my account.

For Example: I had a review posted last week on my G+ reviews and i got notified only after a week.

I want to know whether Google verify/review the post before posting it?
What if we feel the post is not appropriate or not genuine or have no information details provided clearly?
What are the possible ways to check with a technical support about these issues?

Thank You.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devi R
January 2016

Re: Bogus Reviews

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Devi R,

Thanks for the question! It sounds like you are asking about the timestamp of when you write a review as compared to the timestamp of when it appears on the reviewed party's page. Please correct me if my understanding of your question is incorrect!

With that, when you post a review, it should show up relatively quickly on the page that you are reviewing as long as you are in compliance with our review policies

If you feel that a review is not compliant with the policies above, you are welcome to flag it as inappropriate. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
Liz

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devi R
January 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Devi R,

Thanks for the question! It sounds like you are asking about the timestamp of when you write a review as compared to the timestamp of when it appears on the reviewed party's page. Please correct me if my understanding of your question is incorrect!

With that, when you post a review, it should show up relatively quickly on the page that you are reviewing as long as you are in compliance with our review policies

If you feel that a review is not compliant with the policies above, you are welcome to flag it as inappropriate. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,

I want to know if google approve the reviews being posted on G+ page?
I got a review on my G+ page. Which is not genuine and lack of relative information on it.
Can i remove the post from my page?
This kind of bad and irrelevant reviews will result in effecting our Good Will.

So please let me know how can we solve this kind of issues?

Thank You.
Devi.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Devi,

Thanks for the question. We are able to remove reviews if they are in violation of our policies--the page that I had sent through before. We are only able to remove them if they are in violation.

My advice would be to first, report the review if you feel that it is in violation.

Secondly, if it is not in violation, it is always a best practice to respond to the review. In your response, you are welcome to call out that it is not genuine. I have seen business owners say things like "hi [reviewer's name], thanks for writing. We don't have a record of you being a customer by this name," then address the concerns laid out in the review.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions!

Best,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,
How do we report the review?
The reviews seems to be in violation because they are abusing our manager in the review.
If we respond to that customer, as our responses will to shown on the same review page publicly on the G+ page. Please advise about this.
Thank you.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Devi,

Without seeing the review in question, I'm not able to make a call on if it is against our policies. Can you send through the URL of the review in question so I can take a look?

Thanks,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,

Thank you.

Review Writer : Canabc Alias

Please find the link below for the review.
https://business.google.com/u/0/b/115760668216533439656/reviews/l/09739258869785001794/r/15122984846...

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Thanks, Devi! I went ahead and reported this for you. I won't be able to get back to you with the results of the investigation, because it is related to an individual user's account. Please know that our teams take all reports of spammy reviews very seriously, and will complete a thorough investigation.

Thanks,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,
I don't need the results of investigation but do you acknowledge me with the status of the work atleast?
Because we don't know what's going on if i do not receive any updates.
How can we determine progress or further steps to take on this kind of reviews?
Can you please let me know about this?

Thank you.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
Hi Devi,

Unfortunately, I won't receive this information. Please know that the team will review as quickly as they are able and will take appropriate action.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best,
Liz